Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paducah Part 1

Grab a cup of your favourite hot or cold beverage and get comfortable to read the first installment of my trip to Paducah last month.  Ready?  Okay...
Monday April 25th up at 5 am (which is a challenge since I am NOT a morning person) and picked up at 5:45 to go to the bus.  Alas the bus was not bright pink like last year's bus to Chicago
but a gorgeous teal colour also very visible from far away :^)
Depart at 6:15 and arrive at second pick up spot.  On our way at 6:30 am. Lots of chatter going on throughout the bus as well as people slurping their coffee :^)  Make our way to the US  border 60 miles away.  Takes an extra hour due to the detour we needed to take due to flooding.  After crossing the border we reach Grand Forks ND at 10 am.  A quick trip to JoAnns and Target and it's time to depart at 11 am. Several lovely ladies from Grand Forks joined us on the bus.  Now we are really on our way. Woo Hoo!
Around 4 pm we arrived at our first quilt shop of the trip Grubers Quilt Shop. Yippee!  During the trip to Chicago last year we  visited this shop for (my) the first time.  Very nice shop with lots of eye candy. I was happy to go back for another visit.  I even spent some money :^)
Regarding spending money on these type of trips:  it is tricky because you haven't reached your destination yet and you don't know what fabric loveliness you are going to see elsewhere, right?  So I bought some fabric and was very satisfied.
Oh, you want to know what I bought?

Some 1/2 yard cuts of some gorgeous Kaffe Fassett fabric (my first ones ever!)

Early dinner and early to bed that night in the Minneapolis area near the Mall of America.
Exhausted but extremely happy to be on our way! 
Until next time...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice start! Can't wait to keep reading :o)

Crispy said...

I love getting up early, I would have been one of those happy faces not needing coffee to be that way LOL. Someday I hope to go to Grubers....love the fabrics!!

Crispy

Tangos Treasures said...

Oh how fun!! Love the fabric!!

Margaret said...

I am on the bus with you ane enjoying the trip.

Allie said...

Egads that is EARLY....but I could do it for Paducah, lol! Love your new fabrics!

Julie Fukuda said...

Lucky you. Thanks for offering to take us along.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very long day, I'm not an early person either. I can sense the excitement of all the ladies though and I'm sure you were having a great time. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip.

Linda in Arkansas said...

This is so much fun I can't wait until next time!! Well, I guess I'll have to. The fabrics are lovely. I haven't bought his fabric yet - but I'm thinking I want to. Have fun on your trip

Karen said...

Gotta love that hot pink bus!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails