This is what the pups looked like last Thursday when they came home from the Vet's office after their surgeries. They were not too happy with the cones but were necessary so they would not harm their incisions. A week later and everyone is completely back to normal I'm happy to say. We are all glad that those surgeries are over with!
My dad celebrated his 90th birthday this week. He's still very active and has a great positive attitude.
Longevity runs in his family, his aunt (my great aunt) is 109 years young!
Did a little bit of cleaning up of my sewing area in the basement this week. It still looks like a tornado went through there but instead of a large tornado, it's a smaller one, LOL
I'm behind on the 2010 Designer Mystery BOM from FQS. I'm busy cutting out the blocks for months 5, 6 and 7. I figure if I do all the cutting ahead of time I can sew up the blocks quickly.
So what did I do when I saw the 2011 Designer Mystery BOM from FQS was now available for preorder? I ordered it of course! I could not resist, after all it's featuring Fig Tree fabric called Strawberry Fields from Moda.
The only thing really left with our house addition/reno work is grouting the kitchen tiles (you can see them in the pic of the puppies) as well as laying some more tile (and grouting it of course) into the back hallway, powder room and laundry room. Then the baseboards can go on and I think that is it!
Hopefully life will return to normal (well what's normal around here that is, LOL) and I can be sewing again on a regular basis and blogging too. Until next time...

6 comments:
SO glad the surgeries are done, and everything is back to normal! I hate those cones, they always look so pitiful, don't they?
Happy Birthday to your dad - and wow, his aunt is 109! That's amazing!
Hope the work goes quickly, and you can get all caught up on your bom's!
Awwww poor pups... Glad they are back to normal now K!!!
You'll be so glad once all that work is done, and your house is your home again, without the workers invading your space... Good stuff! A light at the end of the tunnel... 8-)
I look forward to seeing your blocks!
Oh the poor babies!! Good thing they didn't figure out "I'll scratch yours if you scratch mine." LOL I look forward to seeing some of the blocks you have planned :0)
Crispy
Glad the puppies are back to normal. I am sure you look forward to the end of the renos, and you can start your 2011 BOM!
Happy Birthday to your Dad! I'm so glad the puppies are back to normal! 2 pups with cones on their heads must have been FUN!
Glad that the doggies are fine. What surgery did they get?
Micki
Post a Comment