Happy New Year everyone! Life has returned to normal, more or less with one kid back to University on Wednesday and the other 2 back to high school on Thursday.
I have not touched my sewing machine in a few weeks except for working on the Row Robin boxes.
We handed in a box on Wednesday night and we all received our last box to work on. Next month, we will have the big reveal of all our boxes during a retreat weekend. None of us have a clue what's in our boxes that we started with early last year. In February we will each get back our original box with the first row that we made for ourselves plus 8 more rows done by the other participants.
My good friend Myra has done it again, it's PhD time.
What's a PhD you ask? A Project Half Done! I have committed to finishing 2 of my half done projects by June 30th. I decided to underestimate how many I could get done due to my sewing room looking like a tornado and still some residual home construction work still to be done including where my new sewing area will be in the basement.
The first PhD project is a Schnibbles pattern called
Joy Luck and here's a pic of my version
up on my design wall waiting to be finished.
The second project is from June of last year, a one day workshop making a basket quilt top.
Strangely enough I'm using the same ME fabrics for both projects, LOL
Here's hoping to getting some sewing done this month and I hope you will too! Until next time...



14 comments:
Good luck on your Phd's. See you Sunday for our sewing day.
I LOVE your basket block!
Hppy New year to you too. A rouitine is nice. I am really interested in knowing more about the Boxes????
Happy Sewing♥
I'll look forward to seeing the reveal of your row boxes!
The Row Robin sounds fun! I LOVE your Joy Luck and the baskets - you'll get them done, no problem!
I'm excited about seeing your box too :0) These two projects look to be easy enough to complete by the end of June.
Crispy
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I LOVE M.E.! I can't wait to see both of your projects done.
I love your projects, esp. the basket quilt.
Micki
I do like both patterns, but the basket block is so cute! What size is it?
Wishing you good luck on getting lots of those PhD's done! Love these two with the ME fabric - it's one of my favorite lines!!! So cute!
Hey K!!! I wish you luck on you PhDs there girl!!!
Getting geared up for the RRP Retreat!!! 8-)
Happy New Year to even though it is the end of January. Good luck with finishing your 2 projects by the end of June. I have one in a box I want to finish piecing asap and a quilt to finish hand quilting before the middle of the year. However, just to get me started, I have made 2 new table runners, one for me & one for a friend, and a bag for grandson number 4's birthday next week. Waiting fo the weather to cool off to get back to quilting!
Love the quilt at the top of your page. And I am working on three PHD, so your post is empowering. We will get them done!
Thank you,
Karee
joannalea says please pass me a block of your motivation!!! i need some of that...
Post a Comment