I thought it would be a good idea to share some pics of our house addition construction which has been underway since the beginning of May.
This is the new garage, now attached to the house and also the new back door.
Here's a view of the inside of the garage, with the garage door being installed.
This is a view of the back of the house showing the old back door, the little window above the old kitchen sink and the wall coming down between the old and new parts of the house.
Here's the view from inside the kitchen with the wall coming down. Last night we finished packing up the contents of the kitchen. All the kitchen cabinetry will be gone by the end of today. Life is interesting (challenging) around here and there's dust everywhere. Mess means progress so that's a good thing. I'm glad my sewing area is down in the basement! Until next time...
9 comments:
Wow it's gonna look great!!
WOW Katherine!! I can't imagine the noise and mess you have had to live with since May!! I bet it's going to be gorgeous when it's all done :0)
Crispy
I bet there's lots of pizza being ordered at your house! If you go to the HD for your new kitchen you may see my daughter. Home renovation is so exciting and stressful all at the same time - try and enjoy the process! - Marlene
you are going to love this when it's all done!!! but, living through construcion can be a bit of a challange - I am glad that you have your sanity room away from the chaos!!!
WOW - that's some project! How fun!
May seems so long ago....won't it be wonderful to have it over with! Hee!
Oh my it looks like a big job!! I feel your pain - at least I remember my pain of last summer and the big renovation - I shudder with the memories. Good luck - I am sure you will love it when it is finished.
Oh my gosh it looks exciting! Not always easy to live with but definately exciting!
Oh how exciting for you! The mess will all be worth it in the end. :-) I'm glad you can sneak away to sew too. Have a happy day!
Post a Comment