Monday, July 12, 2010

CGQC July and August Goals

CGCQ celebrated it's one year anniversary on july 1st.  Thanks to Kelly for an awesome year of fun and quilting!  For year 2 Kelly has changed things up a bit.  Read Kelly's post here.  One of the changes is posting goals every 2 months (instead of every single month). There will also be a monthly theme.  
The theme for the month of July is
You can read Kelly's post about it here.  This is a good theme to focus on for me.  Like many woman I play many roles in my life; daughter, sister, wife, mother etc.  It's so easy to get caught up in these roles that we forget about ourselves.  So now I'll list my goals for the months of July/August as well as some self-care goals for the month of July.

1.  Finish piecing my Schnibble Sunday Best
2.  Finish piecing my CGQC quilt-along
3.  Piece or applique one SBS block per week
4.  Finish piecing my basket quilt from the workshop in June
5. Blog more regularly!
6.  Sew for (at least) 10 minutes every day
7.  Exercise for (at least) 10 minutes every day

This list is short on purpose.  As some of you already know we are having an addition built on to the back of our house.  Since early May construction noises of all kinds are going on around the house.  Soon the contractor will tell us to move out for at least 1 week or maybe 2 weeks.  We'll get a week's notice.  We'll have a week to clear out part of the house, pack up some clothes and Winslow.  I'm not sure yet what we'll do, maybe we'll go on a short road trip.  We'll just have to wait and see.  Until next time...

7 comments:

wonderwoman said...

goodness, with all our stuff i don't know that i could do it in a week!!! i hope it all goes well for you!

xxx

Crispy said...

It's good to take care of yourself. I can't imagine having to leave my house for one or two weeks....I hope you contrator isn't a procrastinator and you have to be gone for longer!!

Crispy

Carol said...

WONDERFUL goals!

Dee said...

Those are worthy goals to have my friend! Esp the exercising and sewing 10 minutes a day!

Construction on a house makes me feel like a fish in a fishbowl. When we had work done to the outside, I couldn't wait for them to be done!

Gina said...

great goals and such a good idea to make goals for your self aswell.
I popped over to the site and have signed up for this coming year. Should be good fun

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Allie said...

This doesn't look like a short list to me, especially not with construction going on....I vote for a road trip!

Anonymous said...

I hear remodeling can be a major stress. I wish you the best! Great goals can't wait to see your projects!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails