Saturday, February 27, 2010

Spring Sewing Party Project

Update:  My weekend did not go as planned so I did not get as much accomplished that I would've liked. Here's a pic of some of the lucious fabrics I used. A big thank you to Kelly and Joan for throwing such a great party!  Next time I'll plan better in advance so I can get more sewing done.
 
I plan to spend the day with a pattern from this fabulous book 
by Pam and Nicky Lintott.
Add a gorgeous Spring-like Jelly Roll like this one from my stash,
 appropriately called Spring Magic by April Cornell plus some background fabric. Sew all day long with minimal interuptions from my family (I can hope right?) and check in with all the others attending the party during my breaks.  That's the plan.  Better get to sleep now!
Check my blog for progress reports, okay?  Until next time...

21 comments:

Margaret said...

Enjoying your post as usual and enjoying Queen, while I lurk.

Gina said...

That's a great book. Waht quilt are you going to do

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Jilly's Space said...

Sounds like a great plan!
I have the same book and made a lapquilt size out of it last year for my inlaws.
http://jillysspace.blogspot.com/2009/01/here-is-lapquilt-and-matching-pillow.html

Kate said...

Good luck! Look forward to seeing what you do; Ive got that book and havent yet got around to using it :-)

Carol said...

This is going to be a fun, fun day!

Sipiweske Quilts said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with! Love your choice of jelly roll - I used a Spring Magic mini honey bun and white for a quilt - love it! Have a great day and I'll check back later. - Marlene

Dee said...

I have that book, love the fabric, wishing I were you to have time for me and my machine!

Rae Ann said...

Love what you will be working on. Can't wait to see the end result!

Micki said...

I have that book and you will love it. Enjoy!
Micki

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I love that book, in fact I have 3 of the books by them. What pattern are you doing?

Loralynn said...

I look forward to seeing your project. I have that book and love it, even though I haven't made anything from it yet.

joan said...

Oh Katherine that is my favourite book. I like everyone of the patterns. Glad to have sewn with you. Looking forward to seeing your completed project. Happy Sewing!

Michelle said...

Oh, that SPRING MAGIC is beautiful! I can't wait to see it!!!

PARTY ON!!!!

Jonathan said...

I have that book-love it! Can't wait to see what your working on!

Simone de Klerk said...

Look forward to see what you got done! I used my Spring Magic FQs for this sew-in (O:

Moneik said...

Hope you got lots of sewing done!

joan said...

So glad you could come to the party and I am looking forward to seeing your finished project!
Happy sewing.

Cindy said...

It was such a fun day. And for me, SO much giggling as the day pressed on searching for chocolate to "get a fix"..LOL

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Love that book - and the fabric you chose is so pretty! Can't wait to see your quilt, Katherine!

Jocelyn said...

What a fun party it was. Looking forward to seeing your finished project.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Love that book. Im trying to choose a quilt to do out of that book too. Looking forward to seeing what you make.

Nice fabric too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails