So you all want to know what those funky green squares were for that I showed in my last post, eh?
Well, I drew diagonal lines on the back of the funky green squares and sewed them to opposite corners and flipped them open. Pressed freezer paper to the back of the white fabric and signed my name with my trusty Pigma pen as well as where I live (in Canada for those of you who've forgotten or didn't know).
And why did I go through all this work?
Way back at the beginning of January (seems so long ago doesn't it?) I signed up for this swap run by Rachel of p.s. i quilt fame. The idea of using modern fabric only appealed to me so I signed up.
Rachel has just started a Pinwheel Sampler Quilt A Long too.

If you have a layer cake and 3 yds background fabric hanging around you could sew along with Rachel.
Am I doing this project right now? No, not at the moment!
Here's another sampler quilt a-long that's starting up March 1st
from Moose on the Porch Quilts. It sounds like fun, doesn't it?
Until next time...


8 comments:
So many possibilities, so little time! I'd love to sign up for one of these but I already have enough projects I want to do "right now" without adding more!
Thanks for the heads up on another great quilt along! They seem to be all the rage right now. Maybe since so many of us are stuck inside and can't get out! LOL
Isn't it fun to start new projects? lol!
I think I'm going to do the Jelly roll sew along, should be fun. I always like to see how the same quilt looks different in different fabric choices.
Wish I would have known about the swap sound like lots of fun. Once again I love that green fabric.
Oh, this post could get me into trouble!!!! I can not start another thing right now, but I sure was tempted with that March 1 start date.......
I am still very tempted....... But I love that you have found these things and tell us about them!!!
Enabler you!!!! have fun doing these things!!!
i have only just bought a jellyroll of fabric so will have a look at that one!
xx
I am signed up for both the pin wheel and jelly roll. Just waiting on my fabric!
Post a Comment