This is what I've been doing...
Friday, December 19, 2008
Avoidance
I confess I've been doing a lot of avoiding lately. I haven't finished my shopping, or done my cards or cleaned up the house or get ready for my oldest teen's 18th birthday which is also on the 25th. I also haven't finished the embroidery and binding on a gift either. I haven't been posting much too.
This is what I've been doing...
I found this old UFO (circa 1997) in the cupboard all wadded up. It's flannel, front and back. I had pin basted it and had machine quilted (not very well) stitch in the ditch most of the vertical (up and down seams). I didn't like my machine quilting then so I got mad at it and into the cupboard it went not to see the light of day until this week. I yanked it out and proceeded to rip out all the stitching.
Wow-wee it was a slooooooooooooow process. My stitch length was small. That meant ripping out small stitches out of flannel. Not fun. My fingers still hurt from pulling out the loose threads. So anyhow the ripping out is all done. It needs to be pressed as does the backing and then it can be loaded onto my frame for quilting. Could be a good project to do when I want to escape the insanity of the holidays, right?? Until next time.......
This is what I've been doing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yuck! Stitch ripping! 8-(
You are not the only one not ready for a birthday, Christmas, and all! DH is off this coming week, so will aid me in that process... big sigh...
Bah humbug!
I have one more gift to buy....but all the others were bought just this week! I'll call it avoidance too. We'll get it all done. At least that's what I'm telling myself!
OK, you have been doing what most of us are also doing,,,humm must be the air or something,,, happy holidays... and I have 2 more gifts to buy,,,mom and mother in law,,,not sure what to get,,,maybe gift cards or ????
Get going girl you have not to much time but hey sometimes the rush is exciting...but the cards must get done....hummm unlesss new years cards work.....Love the quilt work but stitch ripping that would even make me send out the cards...lani
I ripped out one small quilt. Never again. That's one disadvantage of the frame. You can do so much so fast that ripping out can quickly become a problem.
We must be the Avoidance twins!
Just think of the great feeling of getting that flannel quilt out of the UFO pile though. Looks and sounds so snuggly warm.
I like that quilt. It is very cozy looking, and must be if it is flannel!
My DS turns 14 on the 25th too!
Well done for getting there with this one. I have a similar one lurking in a box under the desk, only it was half machine quilted earlier this year. Not in the ditch and with RED thread which shows up on the fabrics (Fresh Cut). Also have tiny stitches, and am dreading pulling out the stitches but am just so unhappy with what I did to that quilt.
Anyway, long story short, I am pleased to hear of your sucess and will keep positive thoughts in my head when I pick up this quilt to unpick, in the near future I hope!
Bec xxx
Post a Comment