Monday, August 20, 2012

Saturday

On Saturday I went to a fitness class that incorporated using this thing.
Yes, that thing, a barbell.
And no that is not me in the pic!
When I woke up on Sunday I was sore, very very sore.
Let's just say that sitting down and getting up was difficult.
Also a bummer because my sewing room is in the basement.  No way was I doing stairs on Sunday. 
Today is better but my leg muscles, particularly my quads are still protesting.  Sigh.
No sewing for me today either.
However my quest to have a bad-ass body* by my next birthday (51 weeks from now) is in motion.
The first step is the hardest and I've taken it.  Woot Woot!
Until next time...
*pardon my French but this phrase perfectly describes what I want to achieve*

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Good luck with your exercising! I decided in April to exercise for the month, and loved the results so much, that I have been exercising ever since.
I hope you show what you have been knitting.

Carol said...

Way to go! I started Pilates about 3 months ago...the first few days just about kicked my butt...but now I'm feeling fantastic! Miss it if I can't go.

Annemiek said...

omg...didn't you just OVERDO it being so sore?? A barbell...omg.
Perhaps i should move my ass away from the couch. I'll settle for a hour of swimming and taking the bycycle to work (t's just 10 minutes but you got to start somewhere...)
But...woohoo for you and bring on that sixpack!!

Allie said...

Oh girl - OUCH! But wow am I proud of you. About all I can do physically anymore is ride my recumbent bike, but I ride it for all it's worth, and I must tell you that my love handles are disappearing...I'm on my way too....saw on pinterest a little pic of a runner that said no matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch, and I'm keeping that in mind as I go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails