Hello my old faithful blog, I'm here for a visit. Many of my 'real life' quilting friends have said something to me about my poor old blog. The past 13 months have been so incredibly difficult for me. I'm sure you all understand that. Not a day goes by that I don't miss my mum. However, my mum would be the first one to say to me, get on with your life now, it's okay, you need to.
Since May, 2011 I picked up knitting needles and took off knitting. I'm still knitting now but I miss my quilting too. So what did I do?
I ironed some pretty fabric,
which is a sampling from the first 2 packages from Fat Quarter Shop 2012 Designer Mystery BOM. The fabric is called Vintage Modern from Moda, by daughter/mother designer duo Camille and Bonnie.
A question for all of you out there still reading my blog: would you like to see pics of some knitting I've done over the past year? leave me a comment saying yes or no. Until next time...
7 comments:
Hey! Lovely to see you back.
I'm a Knitter that also happens to quilt (occasionally) so I'd love to see some of your knitting.
I have found knitting has helped me through many difficult times, there's something soothing about the repetition and the way the item grows stitch by stitch.
Can't wait to see how your new quilt turns out.
I would love to see your knitting! I have 2 left hands when it comes to trying to knit. ;-)
I would love to see what you have been knitting. I tried knitting, but I'm just not patient with myself for my lack of ability. I'm impressed with the skill others possess.
Hey , yes love to see what you have been knitting . I only seem to be knitting socks these days --- too many sales lastwinter with cheap sock wool.
really nice to see you back ánd that i'm able to SEE it. Every now and then I checked your blog and got an "external error" and no blog.
It IS hard to loose your mum. After 12 years I still find it hard to deal with.
Wish you all the best and ...ofcourse i want to see you knitting! take care!
So good to see you hon! I know you're missing your mum...it's so hard...and it's ok to miss her. Every day.
I would love to see your knitting. I dream that someday I'll master it, lol. Your fabrics sure are pretty! And hey, happy birthday a few days late!!!!
Great to have you back! Knitting & quilting seem to go well together - let's see them both.
Post a Comment