Monday, August 1, 2011

Hello August!

Hello August, it's nice to see you.  July was a difficult month, so here's to hoping that August will be better.  
So while I haven't been quilting very much this last little while I've been doing something else...

Knitting!  

Huh?

Yep, knitting.  Starting in mid May I picked up some needles and yarn and away I went.  On three different occassions throughout my life I tried to knit but I didn't stick with it.  In May I just decided to go for it.  I had a lot of help along the way (thanks Y) and discovered how much fun Ravelry can be and what you can learn there.  Wanna see one of my knitted projects?
It's a felted iPod cozy that open and shuts.  

Now don't worry I'll be back to quilting when my sewing room wall cabinets are all finished.  Once the cabinets are finished I can organize my stash, set up my table, sewing machine and ironing board and away I go.  I am very anxious to sew up the first 2 blocks of the Designer Mystery BOM from FQS.  The fabric (Strawberry Fields by Fig Tree Quilts from MODA) is wonderful.  I love to fondle it every day, LOL.   
Until next time...

7 comments:

Allie said...

That is really cute! I can't learn to knit for anything- I've tried, and had demos from experts, lol.

Margaret said...

Knitting is so easy once you get the hang of it, and a nice restful pastime. Good on you for having a go and completeing a project.

Julie Fukuda said...

That's something like making lemonade!

Crispy said...

Love the Ipod cozy!! I must admit I'm not getting much quilting done and I don't even have a good excuse :0)

I have been thinking of you (though I'm terrible at communicating it). Hope all is settling down for you.

Hugs,

Crispy

Myra said...

Good for you on the Ipod cozy K! I imagine it goes out with you for walks with the dogs everyday... 8-)

Lotte said...

Really like the ipod cozy! I tried to make something like that for my iPhone with felt but this is a lot nicer!

Annemiek said...

...september is almost gone. Everything okay in your corner? I knw what my mum's passing did to me, so just checking if you're doing allright.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails