Monday, March 7, 2011

Books

You know how when you are on vacation and you want to read books that are not too serious and you just want to be entertained with a light read?
The Aloha Quilt fits the bill.  I have read several of Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek series books and have enjoyed them all.  If you have been to Maui or dream of going to Maui you will enjoy this book.

Another series I enjoy for the fun of it is from an author named Joanne Fluke.
This is the last one I've read of her series.  What else is fun is that there are several recipes included in each book,  as the main character runs a bakery!  I'm always on the lookout for great books to read (whether as a light read or not) so if you have any suggestions let me know!  Until next time...

4 comments:

Pat said...

I enjoy both of those authors! Have you ever read any of the Janet Evanovich books that feature her character, Stephanie Plum? The first one is called "One for the MOney". She has written about 16 of them so far........mysteries but with a lot of humor in them. I find them terrifically fun, light reads!

Julie Fukuda said...

I will add those to my list. (I get a book fix when I come to the states)I enjoyed the Elm Creek books I have read but I know there are more out there.

Crispy said...

My favorite authors are LyVerle Spencer (she quit writting but has tons of books to read), Maeve Binchy and Rosamunde Pilcher...my go to ladies for light reads. Otherwise I'll read any mysteries I can find :0)

Crispy

wonderwoman said...

I love a good murder mystery!!

xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails