September already? Geez, what happened to August I'd like to know. If you can explain it to me please enlighten me and leave me a comment, okay? LOL
So what's happening in my corner of the world? After finishing the latest Row Robin to exchange on Wednesday (see my last post) I got my next Row to work on. Ideas are percolating in my head but no sewing done yet.
So I figured I would show you an old applique project that I did over 10 years ago.
It's a block I hand appliqued from an incredible book called Jacobean Applique
by Pat B. Campbell and Mimi Ayars published by AQS.
Here's a view of the back of the block.
This block along with 3 others were the first blocks I ever hand appliqued. I had a phenomenal teacher who was very patient and helped me overcome my fear of hand applique. I really enjoyed making this block. Until next time...


7 comments:
I recognized your applique as a Pat Campbell design right away. Her patterns are very nice and you did a nice job on the project.
I cannot BELIEVE it's September - sigh. So not ready for it. That block is just gorgeous, love the design - good job!
OMG August went with June and July...that was the fastest summer EVER! Your applique is beautiful! Tiny stitches!
I too knew right away it was a Pat Cambell design. Those blocks are on my To Do list. You certainly picked a challenging pattern for your first applique project. It's beautiful.
No answer to where August went. I hope we have a very long fall this year and just skip winter.
Crispy
You bringing this out to show us K, does that mean your are going to resume work on this UFO? hehehehe...
I haven't even put my latest Row Robin box of goodies on my display wall yet!!! DD2's quilt is still up there in pieces... But I did peek inside the box and am looking forward to working with the fabrics/colors in there...
Each Row Robin box of goodies is soooooo different!!! The big reveal will be exciting to watch unfold... 8-)
Have a great long weekend!
It's nice to revisit work we did a while ago...yours is very nice
Very pretty block!
Micki
Post a Comment