Some of you may remember that a while ago I made a block to go into a comfort quilt for a dear member of our Wednesday night quilting group who is seriously ill. See that post here
Two of our members worked quickly to assemble the quilt top, quilt it and bind it. So they along with 2 additional members made the trip to see D and give her the quilt. She lives almost 90 minutes away from most of us, Saturday was a gorgeous late winter day and the right time to give D her quilt.
Of course D loved her quilt! There was a group pic of us on her wall at the hospital :^) We miss her an awful lot and I know she misses being an active member of the group. My block is on the bottom row, second from the left. Click on the pic for a closer look-see.
Until next time...
10 comments:
That is a beauty of a quilt.
It did turn out wonderful didn't it!?! 8-)
What a wonderful group of ladies you are - and D is blessed to have you in her life! The quilt is gorgeous (and I love your block)! You're such a Sweetie, Katherine!
I do remember~ it turned out great! What a loving hug from her friends! Beautiful. :-)
BEAUTIFUL!
Well that turned out spectacular - I'm sure it went a long way toward cheering her up! I hope she's much better soon.
It's fabulous, but as it's made with love it couldn't be anything but fabulous
Love and hugs Gina xxx
Great quilt!! What a wonderful bunch of friends she has :0)
Crispy
And the hearts behind the quilt and the friendship are just as beautiful as the gift!
awwwww. How kind of all of you. Your block is beautiful as is the whole quilt!!
Post a Comment