I'm getting chances to do a bit of sewing amidst all the holiday busyness. The new Green Piece BOM was calling my name, really loud. For the first month there were 2 pieced blocks and 2 applique blocks done with wool to complete. I managed to make the 2 pieced blocks the other day.
I was all set to do the wool applique (pictured above) and fortunately I rechecked the directions. I had to felt the wool first! Well I'm new to working with wool although I've wanted to do it for some time. So I sorted the wool into 3 piles putting similar coloured wools in the same load. Washed each load in hot then cold water with a bit of detergent and then into the dryer. I'll steam press the pieces lightly if they need it.
Until next time...
Until next time...
8 comments:
Thumbs up K!!! 8-)
You'll have to bring that wool to the club tomorrow for us to see...
Have fun with your wool project...I'm not experienced at felting wool, either.
I could see why you wanted to do this BOM...I can see it will be a beautiful piece. Merry Christmas
Hope you enjoy your project. Have you stopped by my blog? Iim having a little giveaway :-) Merry Christmas!
I'm doing this BOM too and just got my wool last week. Our instructor didn't tell us to felt the wool (I haven't read my directions yet!) Could you please show a picture after you felt it? I'd like to see the difference before I start with mine.
These blocks are gorgeous!
Oooo star blocks :0) I've never used wool, why does it have to be felted?
Crispy
Very pretty blocks, Miss Katherine! That is going to be a gorgeous quilt -- and I'm so glad you read the instructions! I'll be looking forward to seeing the applique blocks!
Post a Comment