Sunday, April 19, 2009

IGD

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, yesterday was International Guild Day hosted by my guild. I was on the committee lead by my close friend Y as well as several other friends. There was tons of food; coffee and muffins first thing in the morning as well as a hot lunch and dessert! Lots of show and tell, people chatting, raffle prizes, a "make and take" project and vendors! I didn't take any pics but I'll show you my purchase that I'm so excited about:
I bought the Dear Jane book when it first came out in 1996. When I heard about the companion CD-ROM I knew I wanted it and when I saw it for sale yesterday I grabbed it. Woo Hoo! I'm not sure what kind of fabrics I want to use for this project, I don't think I want to use reproduction fabrics from the 1860's.

My friend and fellow blogger Myra has a tutorial on the "make and take" project that we did yesterday. Click here to see it. My friend Y did a fantastic job being our fearless leader and it was a priviledge to help her out.

Until next time...

9 comments:

Pat said...

I'm glad you got that CD....they are usually very useful and save a lot of time.

Mary said...

Have fun with your Dear Jane, I did mine totally scrappy, and I never do anything scrappy but I love it. The CD is a big help, especially for paper piecing patterns. If you go to my blog, than to my webshots you will see pictures of it. I hope to finish it this year!

Anonymous said...

I have always been fascinated by this quilt so it will be fun to see you make it.
Can't believe our event yesterday is all over and I think it went very well.
Pg

Anonymous said...

I saw a Dear Jane done in all reds and white. It was really breathtakingly beautiful. I have the book all prepared and I am thinking about what fabric to use. I don't have any civil war fabric and I don't really like those colours, so like you it has to be something different.

Myra said...

I gather the gals from States side managed around the flood area hey!?!
Sounds like everything went well!

Woohoo for your Dear Jane find! Good for you! 8-)

Canarella said...

How great is that that you got the CD........I will look forwawrd to seeing it finished.....

Jossie said...

It is so easy to work from a CD. I have a CD with my Civil War DQ book and it saves so much time. A friend of mine made the DJ in different shades of green and it is gorgeous.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I got the CD for Christmas and haven't made one block yet! :-o One of these days!! ;-)) Have fun!

Pam said...

I use the CD to make my Dear Jane blocks. I have about 40 or so done so far. I find the CD great for printing the block pattern on freezer paper. I bought the 8x10 freezer paper sheets from the Dear Jane website. You can print two blocks on each page.

Have fun. I consider my Dear Jane a ten year project. I think I am about year 3!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails