Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pics and Music

Have family visiting from out-of-province this Thanksgiving long weekend so no time for sewing. Thought I'd post a few more pics from the ISQSC in Fargo ND that I attended last month.
First pic is this Bargello quilt that I thought was kewl cos it looks like ribbons....This pic is a quilt called "Saturday Morning Shampoo Sets". I loved the details the quilter gave to each woman. The quilter said it was a tribute to her Saturday morning customers that she had during her 26 year career as a hair stylist but she now quilts full time. Lucky duck!This last pic is of a quilt that shows off not only the pretty butterflies but the sashiko stitching. Sashiko is a Japanese technique. If you want to learn more read about it here at this tutorial. Feel free to click on the pics for a closer look at these great quilts. I've also added a playlist to my sidebar; if you want to listen great if not just turn down the volume on your computer! If you like my playlist let me know. I love reading everyone's comments so all your lurkers out there please leave me a comment! Until next time.....

9 comments:

Dennis Fleming said...

It's cool to be surfing and come across a delightful page.

Myra said...

Nice Bargello!!!! Love the hairdressers one...brings back memories...
Love the butterfly one too. A technique I would like to try sometime... 8-)

Wendy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your family and friends.

The hairdresser quilt is so fun.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

My goodness QGB you have been so busy, I have been a bit behind with my reading of blogs and you had so much to catch up on....loved it all.

Mary-Kay said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I saw a twisted bargello similar to the one you saw and it was a quilt as you go version and looked really nice. Hey maybe you should follow Ada K Moyles (Crazy About Quilting)(fellow Canadian) approach to quilting." When entertaining get them involved like cutting up old fabric into squares so you can continue sewing."

quiltmom anna said...

HI Ms.going bananas,
I love the bargello pattern- It is a pattern by Chris Timmins who published the pattern in an old Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine in the spring of 2001 (vol8-4). She has done other patterns as well that are available on this website:
http://www4.mtco.com/cozy/Bargello%20by%20Chris%20Timmins.htm

If you like bargello you may want to check out a guy by the name of gary lockwood.

Hope you are having a terrific Thanksgiving weekend.
Regards.
Anna

StitchinByTheLake said...

All the quilts were wonderful but that bargello - amazing. blessings, marlene

Joyce said...

I really love that butterfly quilt. Sashiko is on my to-do someday list.

Anonymous said...

I sure do love that hairdresser quilt! I have her beat, I have been doing hair for 37 years! Time to retire, I wish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails