Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jigsaw Puzzle

It's been quite a while since I've posted pics of some of the quilty gifts I've made for my mum over the years. Growing up one activity my mum (me too) enjoyed was doing jigsaw puzzles. My mum's vision has deteriorated over the years so she hasn't done one in a long time. Anyway about a year ago she got a new sofa for the family room, a lucious chocolate brown colour. It really needed a quilt. So I made her a jigsaw puzzle quilt that now adorns the back of the sofa and it look fabulous. Click on the pic to get a closer look at all the different funky fabrics I used. This project was a lot of fun to do. I think I'd like to do another one. Until next time .......

11 comments:

Joyce said...

Nice. I notice you have some of the same Australian Agoriginal fabrics Alison used on her quilt. Did you get them from KickAss Country Store? That's where she got hers.

The Demanding Doll said...

Hey! Great fabrics. Bet your mom really appreciated it. I can see how it would look great on a chocolate brown sofa.

Myra said...

Looking good Kh! Another one on my list...sometime... You sure have spoiled your mother with lots of quilty goodness! 8-)
Remember that table runner that Dl made last year where she did the quilting all in a puzzle shape? That was cewl too!!!

wonderwoman said...

your quilt looks gorgeous with lots of fabrics i've never seen! you are sooo lucky as you seem to have soo many lovely fabrics to choose from and lovely shops too! not quite the same in the UK ! I think i have stash envy!

x

Hannies Annies said...

I love the jigsaw quilt! Love the fabrics too!!!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

What a gorgeous gift to give to your mother. Her memories of jigsaw day. I bet she shows everyone who visits her. Well done

Margaret said...

Very nice, we mums are lucky to have gifted daughters. Jigsaw will be a talking point I am sure.

Cathy said...

This is such a cool quilt!!! Cathy

Scottish Nanna said...

I have never seen one like that before So cool.
Hugs Mary.

Pat said...

Can you tell me where I might find the pattern for this jigsaw quilt? It's really great-looking!

em's scrapbag said...

What a very creative and fun idea. I love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails