Thursday, October 2, 2008

Convergence

This first pic is my Convergence quilt that's wallhanging size. This technique was invented by Ricky Tims (correct me if I'm wrong) several years ago and a book was published too. He has several books and dvds available at his website here. My quilt top needs 2 borders to be added. The inner (first) border will be narrow, probably 1 inch finished. The outer border will be wider using the batik fabric that you see in the upper left corner (click on the pic for a closer look). My question is this: what colour should my narrow inner border be? The orange, the lime green or the magenta ?? What if I put 1 colour on 2 of the sides and a second colour on the other 2 sides? If I did that, then which colour would go where???

Below is a Convergence quilt that was at the ISQSC in Fargo ND late last month. Click on the pics to see the detail of this kewl quilt. It was a lot of fun to study. Next is a close-up of the convergence part of the quilt which is in the upper left corner. Thought it would be kewl to show how different this quilt is from mine yet started with the same technique. Thanks to everyone who has entered my giveaway. Lots of new blogs for me to check out! Remember to comment on this post here and make sure there's an email address where I can contact you. Until next time .......

5 comments:

Myra said...

Cool photo from Fargo! Interestingly done... 8-)
Now, as for your Convergence... I love the idea of doing two colors for you inner boarder!
You could do the green on the left and bottom, and the orange or pink in the upper and right side... or...you could go with the green upper and right, and pink or orange left and bottom.
Try laying them out that way, with your outer boarder and take photos of them. You can see a lot from a photo that you don't see just looking at what you have laid out. Post it for us all to see too... if you have a mind to that is... 8-)

Julie said...

Ditto to Myra's comment. I've been sitting here looking at your quilt thinking I would need to see the fabric laid against the quilt to really make a decision. Great minds think alike hey?

Joyce said...

Very nice. I tried one but with much less success than yours. I guess I need the book. It's going to look beautiful with the borders.

bingo~bonnie said...

ooough... I have nerver made one of these but think they look so cool. I'd vote for that lime inner boarder - it would really pop agains the dark outer boarder. :)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Willow Grove - Kez said...

I love the quilt. You have done a wonderful job of it. I think what Myra was saying is good. Depending on the look you are after. Not much help??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails