Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Finish

I did it!   I taught myself how to crochet.
Thanks to watching You Tube videos as well as the book mentioned below I was able to learn a new skill.  The blocks are 8 inches square so that means the lapghan measures 40 inches square. 

The 13 white squares are granny squares. The other 12 are all different blocks from a book called "200 Crochet Blocks for blankets, throws and afghans" by Jan Eaton.
This was my very first crochet project and it certainly won't be my last.  I would like to replicate an afghan that my Mum made years ago that has been much loved in my house.  It consists of long knitted stips that are joined by crochet.  I don't have a pattern as yet.  Will have to search on Ravelry.
Until next time...

2 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

I would love to know how to crochet. Congrats on the finish!

ruthsplace said...

It looks wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails