Monday, September 26, 2011

Yes I'm Here

Wow, September is almost gone and yes I'm still here.
Good days and bad days are my new norm, missing my mum a lot.
Life does go on and so does quilting!

Earlier this month I packed up the car and drove to Fargo ND with my friend Y to attend the ISQSC, the local annual quilt show and conference.  We missed going last year so we were really ready to get back to Fargo.
 
One pit stop along the way was to Mayville ND to visit Faye's Henhouse Quilts.  I just love that shop!

So are you ready to see some quilts from the show?
Click on the pics to enlarge them to see the details of them better.
This won multiple awards, it's quite dramatic.
This is the back of this quilt. Yes that's right the back of this quilt.  Amazing huh?



One day I'd love to make one of these quilts.  Close up of one the blocks
A fun quilt.  Close up of one the blocks
a variety of borders around a central medallion
marvelous use of batiks showing light to dark
a Kim McLean pattern
a delightful animal quilt with lots of detail and embellishment
here's a close up of the lion, so cute!
Hope you enjoy the pics from the ISQSC quilt show.  Until next time...

6 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Welcome back! I've had you on my mind lately. :-) Love the quilt show~ thanks! Have a happy week!

Myra said...

A wonderful show of quilts K!! I especially like the one with all the hearts!! Thanks for sharing! 8-)

Allie said...

(((((Hugs)))))) Beautiful quilt show, thank you for sharing!

Wonky Phyl said...

So glad to see you back. Beautiful quilts.

northernknitter said...

Wow your pics are way better than mine :) Glad to see you back in here !

Ruth's Place said...

Thanks for the show of quilts. There are some real beauties there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails