Sunday, February 1, 2009

Candy and Football

The workshop I went to yesterday was great! I enjoyed Marie's teaching style. Even better Marie had some of her patterns for sale and brought samples of the quilts to look at. Talk about eye candy! We made a tablerunner pattern that was a variation of quilt-as-you-go. I've never done that before so I'm glad I tried it. I got my tablerunner all finished except for the binding.
Click on the pic of my theme fabric. Do you recognize what it is? Yes, they're conversation heart candies. When I was a child we called them sweet-tarts.My friend Y was also at the workshop and she took a pic of me in action. When Y emails it to me I'll post it here :^) EDIT: Here I am "in action" Thanks Y!
Time to get organized for the Superbowl tonight. The in-laws are coming over later today to watch the game and have dinner. We're having lasagna, veggies and dip and cranberry-oat squares for dessert. I last wrote about this dessert here. Check out the lasagna recipe here.
Until next time .......

8 comments:

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Quilt as you go is alway good to do. You are finished in no time. Have a great night tonight with the in laws. Sounds like a nice tea

Julia said...

I love the Quilt as you go method..
enjoy the evening..
Julia ♥

Pat said...

Love your table runner!!! The focus fabric is adorable, too!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Just love quilt as you go and that looks awesome, enjoy your night out.

Jossie said...

The tablerunner looks good. And the fabric is fab. It brings back memories. Enjoy your evening!

em's scrapbag said...

Fun runner done so quickly. Yeah! Love the conversation hearts. How fun is that?

wonderwoman said...

i've never tried quilt as you go - another new thing for me! hope you had a great night!

x

Myra said...

Wonderful table topper Kh!! You and Yn may have to give us a small tute at the retreat about how to do that! Perhaps a list of the cuts ahead of time for us to have ready to assemble there? Big hint,hint!!! lol! I've never done quilt-as-you-go yet... 8-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails